I have often seen people get blog awards, but I never, ever expected to get one myself. Especially after such a short time of blogging. It has taken time to find my own blogging voice and to figure out what kind of information I wanted to share. I started out in the middle of my querying process, so I wrote tips. My tip-blogs developed into article/subject-blogs over time. I like to stick with blogging about writing - my writing and writing in general, but I'll also throw in other stuff as well. Because of lack of time, I've been forced to reduce my blogging to one day a week. I have now decided that I should blog at least two times a week (I'll probably add to the days as weeks go by - blogging is just too much fun), and...
Next Wednesday I will blog little tidbits about Iceland. A lot of you seemed to like my Fun Facts about Iceland, so I thought I'd do something similar. Something short and sweet. I'm calling it "Iceland Reports". It will be anything from fun facts, to odd news casting, to interesting subjects in Iceland - maybe even interesting people. We'll explore phenomenons such as Iceland's Eurovision craze each year and the comedy actor who got elected as the mayor of Reykjavik (and as a joke, he calls himself "Nonni bæjó" - something like "Jonny Meyo"). I will post these Wednesday evenings, which should be around mid-day in USA EST.
Back to the awards! Lovely Lisa Rivero awarded me two awards a couple of days ago! Lisa is an amazing blogger, and I would award her one if she hadn't been the one to award me. Her blogs are very inspirational to me. She has fantastic ideas (like the new habit resolutions!), and she's just genuinely lovely and sweet.
I am going to pass these on to fantastic bloggers. Some of them have already gotten these awards before, but I'll award them anyway.
There are rules! But they make this even more fun.
The Rules for The Versatile Blogger Award:
- Thank and link back to the person that gave you the award.
- Share seven things about yourself.
- Pass the award to fifteen bloggers that you think deserve it.
- Lastly, contact all of the bloggers that you’ve picked for the award.
- Accept the award, post it on your blog together with the name of the person who has granted the award and his or her blog link.
- Pass the award to 15 other blogs that you’ve newly discovered.
- Remember to contact the bloggers to let them know they have been chosen for this award.
- Icelandic is my native language, but English and Danish are languages I'm fluent in. I also learned German, but I have to brush up on that a little.
- I have two well-known role play characters in World of Warcraft. I don't play anymore to focus on my family, writing, and university.
- I lived in Denmark for two and a half years.
- I'm an only child. I was content being one until I grew up.
- I have three-year-old twin boys whom I love with all my heart. They make me smile every day.
- I have visited 12 different countries, some of them several times.
- I have a black belt in Taekwondo, plus several gold medals from the USA.
Lisa wrote such a lovely peace that I'm going to quote her for the next bit:
"I would like to award both the One Lovely Blogger award and The Versatile Blogger award to these fifteen terrific blogs and bloggers. I love how Kelsey added to the rules for the awards “if you can or have the time” (no wonder I enjoy her blog so much). To all award recipients, please know that I only wish to express my admiration and appreciation for your time and talent, and the last thing I would want is for anyone to feel pressured to do anything that is not comfortable, so please do with the award what you will. All I ask is that you continue to blog!"
Melissa Gill (Amazing person through and through. Her blogs are such a delight and bring a smile on my face every time)
Ted Cross (I know you've had these before! Ted has the most interesting job ever, and he's an excellent writer)
Miles McG (A fellow writer-in-struggling)
Rachael Harrie (She's basically doing the same thing I am: writing tips on getting published. She's also such a fun-loving person)
Krystey Bell (Her blog entries are always amazing)
Cherie Reich (She's the first horror writer I've ever come in contact with! I'm reading her book right now)
El (Overall fantastic and uber blogger/website owner)
Lunaleo (She not only used to have the same blog design I had, but I really enjoy reader her versatile blogs)
Marieke (Snarky, funny, fabulous - a girl who lives "somewhere, not far from nowhere")
Cassandra Jade (She's going on a blog tour! Enough said)
Madameduck (Because she's wonderful and I really love her blogs)
Faith (Because of her awesome self-editing tips)
Aubrie (She has great books out there, and the covers are drool-worthy)
Lisa M Potts (Overall marvelous blogger)
And finally, although he's a super busy agent, I thought he deserved the award for his outstanding, time-consuming, well thought-out blogs: Nathan Bransford! (Agents are people too, you know - and no, I don't have a query waiting in his mailbox, nor will there be one on my current project)
Congrats to the fifteen above. I really enjoy following your blogs, commenting, and lurking.