Books Read in 2011

Tessa's books-read-2011 book montage

Clockwork Angel
The Hunger Games
Mockingjay
Catching Fire
Sleeping Beauty: Vampire Slayer


Books Read in 2011 »

Monday, June 21, 2010

Chapter Completed


Jean-Baptiste Greuze
I finished the revised chapters this morning, and I managed to chop the two 15,000 worded chapters (combined) down to a single 2,500 worded one. But that was the easy part; now I have to adjust the rest to the changes. I have already shortened the former chapter three into chapters two (3,600) and three (3,700). The first chapter is a lot shorter, but it'll just have to be. I could add backstory or some musings, but I don't think it'll make the chapter better.

I was beginning to doubt myself again over the weekend. There's just so much competition out there and I kept thinking why should they choose my manuscript? But then I reminded myself of some advices I've seen on the internet:

--> Why not your work?

and

--> You don't know until you've queried.

I suppose that I was so relieved when I thought I was ready to query that I feel like I've taken a humongous step backwards. Not only do I have to adjust the chapters, but I also have to adjust my query letter a little and the proposal as well (character sketches and two-page synopsis). Okay, now that I think about it, it's not really that much. It's only a paragraph in the synopsis and minor changes in the sketches. I just have to give myself this week to do this and then hopefully be able to query next week. Hopefully.

--> Give yourself time to perfect your manuscript. Don't rush.

Well, I think I'll rest a little now. I was woken up early this morning by the chipmunks. They're at the kindergarten now, but will be home soon.

Have a nice day!

No comments:

Post a Comment