Books Read in 2011

Tessa's books-read-2011 book montage

Clockwork Angel
The Hunger Games
Mockingjay
Catching Fire
Sleeping Beauty: Vampire Slayer


Books Read in 2011 »

Friday, January 14, 2011

Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award


Dudes! Did you know about the Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award

*Pokes Rachael and Marieke who have darn good manuscripts ready.*

Here's the excerpt from Amazon's site: 

Amazon.com, along with Penguin Group (USA) and CreateSpace, is pleased to announce the fourth annual Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award, the international competition seeking the next popular novel. The competition will once again award two grand prizes: one for General Fiction and one for Young Adult Fiction. Each winner will receive a publishing contract with Penguin, which includes a $15,000 advance.
The Breakthrough Novel Award brings together talented writers, reviewers, and publishing experts to find and develop new voices in fiction. If you're an author with an unpublished or previously self-published novel waiting to be discovered, visit CreateSpace to sign up for regular contest updates. Open submissions for manuscripts will begin on January 24, 2011 and run through February 6, 2011.

Isn't that an amazing opportunity? I'm sure the winners won't have any trouble finding an agent after they have a promise of publication already. You'll need to be fast, though, because they stop accepting pitches after 5,000 entries for each of the two categories (so it'll probably be filled up before the end of January). 

5 comments:

  1. I've been thinking about entering my first novel even though I want to rewrite the beginning to make it faster paced.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think there's anything that says you can't enter it year after year, so I suppose it wouldn't hurt :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great opportunity in deed!!! I would LOVE to enter. But I get that weird I'm gonna puke feeling every time I think about entering.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's really cool but my MS isn't ready yet

    ReplyDelete
  5. My completed MS is MG so I don't think it would qualify, but thanks for the heads up.

    ReplyDelete