Books Read in 2011

Tessa's books-read-2011 book montage

Clockwork Angel
The Hunger Games
Mockingjay
Catching Fire
Sleeping Beauty: Vampire Slayer


Books Read in 2011 »

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Interview: Rachael Harrie

I'm back from the holidays - a day late, to be exact, but the whole Christmas/New Year celebration is a big deal over here (it doesn't end until next Thursday). Things should go back to normal within the next days...or I hope they will.

I took an interview with the famous Rachael Harrie before Christmas, but decided to make it my first post of the new year! Who's Rachael Harrie? Remember the Platform-Building Crusade? Well, Rach was the mastermind behind it, rounding up a group of fellow writer-bloggers to befriend and get to know each other. There'll be another crusade in 2011!

When I first met Rach, she looked like this:


But then she looked like this:

Not much different, right?

A select few of you would also know her as this:

(Seriously, that bunny is even named :Rach: in our crit forum)

Anyway, I asked Pigmy-Puff Rach some (mostly) writing related questions:

Question 1 - If you had a million dollars, what would you spend it on? 
Ooh, that's a tough one. I really, really like choc-coated honeycomb (*chortles*). More seriously, I'd probably buy my dream house somewhere near the beach, take a few really good writing courses, upgrade my computer, and buy a room full of books to read when I wasn't writing. Oh, and I'd need a few people to help me around the house, so I could write full-time. Plus a bit of travel here and there. Research purposes, of course! 

(See? We writers always think about writing when we get questions like these. Marieke did too, in my last interview) 

Question 2 - What are you working on (genre, age group, main story plot - if it can be revealed)? 
My current WIP is a Young Adult Horror novel titled FROM THE OTHER SIDE. The logline is:

When seventeen-year-old Verity is murdered by the boy she loves, she becomes a ghost whose ability to burn her victims seems purpose-made for her mission of vengeance. However, the search for her killer and an increasing body-count stretch Verity’s sanity to the limits, and unless she finds a way to regain control more innocent people will die, including the one person with the power to save her from herself. 

(I'm reading this draft and I can tell you, people, it WILL be published some day soon!) 

Question 3 - What do you eat/drink while writing? 
I try not to eat while I'm writing. I find it distracts me and I also tend to eat too much if I'm not paying attention! I usually make myself a cup of tea when I sit down to write, but other than that I just drink water. A bit boring much? 

(Nah, not boring. When I wrote my first draft of BoB, I ate chocolate each day. I even brought out popcorn for the really exciting parts of the story. It didn't do me much good, though having the popcorn might have popped-things up a little . I just drink water today - club soda, mostly) 


Is there anything else you'd like to add?  Yep, I hear there’s a massive contest and some awesomely amazing giveaways coming soon. If you want a head start check back on Tuesday, January 4 to find out how you can collect your first points ;)


Really? Well that should be interesting!


Thank you, Rachael for this. Marieke interviewed me and put it up on her blog yesterday. Check it out of you're curious about moi, or Marieke, who is awesome as well (as Rachael! You thought I meant me, right?).

11 comments:

  1. I've enjoyed all of your interviews. What are you folks cooking up? I can hardly wait to read about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to learn more about our Crusade leader Rachel, and can't wait to see Verity in print!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, thanks for the interview Tessa. It's been fun ;)

    Rach

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great interview! That WIP sounds SO interesting, Rach!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, the WIP sounds great! :)

    Happy extended holidays, Tessa!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent interview. Just one question arises from it: What proportion of the million dollars would Rach spend on choc-coated honeycomb?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Tessa this was a great interview with our esteemed leader Rach. A million dollars huh? A lot of choc-coated honeycomb...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for your comments guys :)

    LOL. I feel fat just thinking about it Jenny.

    L'Aussie, I can only imagine how much that would be! Goodness me, can you see my eyes popping (*chortles*)

    Rach

    ReplyDelete
  9. NICE interview! Thanks for sharing! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great interview! I'm a new follower who found you by way of a comment left by Marieka on Serendipity where I guest blogged today. Glad to meet you and looking forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks guy :) You won't have to wait long to see what's coming ;)

    Nicole, glad to meet you :)

    ReplyDelete