First - Are you taking part in NaNoWriMo this year? I am! I even have an idea of what I'll write about (my first contemporary with zero magic). I'm TessaQuin there if you want to add me as a buddy.
Second - Lovely, amazingly funny Melissa Gill awarded me the Cherry on Top Award a few days ago. Thank you so much, Melissa. I would award this to you if I you hadn't already awarded it to me! The name and image remind me of you because your blogs bring a smile to my face.
There are three things I must do now:
1. Thank the one who awarded it in (check!)
2. Answer a question: If I had the chance to go back and change one thing in my life, would I, and what would it be?
My answer: I would have gotten into writing much, much earlier. Although I believe that my life has shaped and matured me into the woman I am today, I wish I had decided to become a writer back in 2003 when I moved to Denmark. I had time back then, but I used it on computer games! I believe those games have enriched my imagination, and also shaped me, but still, I could have played a lot less and written a lot more.
3. Choose up to 6 people to pass on the award to! This one's going to be tough! There are so many bloggers who deserve this, but here goes:
1. Rachael Harrie! Because she's adorable and a funny little pygmy-puff (you don't have to write these after the names - I just like to).
2. Marieke! Because she's the girl with the whip! And she's on a mission.
3. Lisa Potts! She's fantastic and I love reading her blogs and get insight into American life! Seriously, this has nothing to do with all three of them being in my critique group! But I should probably move on to prove my case.
4. Quinn! Yeah, the first boy to make my list! We're new buddies, but his blog is so fantastic and unique that he deserves this and then some. And this has nothing to do with me winning his contest! Seriously! Just read his one-of-a-kind blog and that'll prove my case ^.^
5. Elana Johnson! *Gasp* Yes, I'm venturing into celebrity land now! But how can I not award her? Her blogs are amongst the first I go to check each morning, and although I'm totally intimidated by her, still - despite all the kind emails she's sent me - she's so nice.
6. Carolina Valdez Miller! Another one with over 1000 followers! Seriously, these people must be super busy! I hardly dare interrupt them with blog awards (not that blog awards are not something worthy of interrupting someone with!). Carol is a super nice, super beautiful woman. I love her blog!
Now, it's completely up to you if you pass these along, stick them on your wall, or do nothing. This is just me saying that I appreciate you, with a cherry on top ;)
So there! Oh...and I probably have to let them know. Add that as nr. 4! Comment on their blogs to let them know they've won a super cool award!
I'm all exclamationed out and need to get back to my exam studies >.<
* Image borrowed from: http://stlucie.ifas.ufl.edu